ShufflingDead is growing every day. We’re always piling on more content and more features, and our layout is superb. I’m extremely proud of what we’ve accomplished here, and I must say it would not have been possible without the support of our fans and contributors.
Having said that, I’d like to ask for a little more. No, I’m not hustling for more writers, I’ve done that plenty of times in the past, and these are much easier. The following five things can be done by every one of our fans, and doing each ensures the continued success of ShufflingDead. With your support, I believe ShufflingDead can grow in quality and popularity to the point that it one day supports itself (and its writers!).
1. Pass us around on link sharing sites – This may be surprising, but ShufflingDead’s main source of traffic isn’t links from other content sites, or even from Google, it’s from link sharing sites like Digg, Reddit, and Stumbleupon. We’ve got buttons below every post for those sites, as well as a few others, to make submitting your favourite ShufflingDead stories as easy as possible. If you’ve got your own favourite link sharing site (Fark, Slashdot, whatever) please use those. Above all the other items on this list, I’d like to sincerely urge our readers to share our content on sites like these. If you don’t have an account on any of those sites, sign up, it’s easy! We’ve had particular success with Stumbleupon, check them out.
2. Promote and follow us via social networking – This one is huge. You see those little Facebook and Twitter links under every post? They’re a great tool that lets you easily share your favourite ShufflingDead content with your friends and followers. Let them in on the enduring splendor of ShufflingDead. Oh yeah, and joining our Facebook fan page or following our Twitter account keeps you in on the ShufflingDead (uhh…) shuffle and makes sharing our stuff even easier.
3. Send us news tips – One of the toughest parts of running this site is finding a consistent stream of wacky stories to make fun of. Not only would more news tips be a great help to myself and the other writers here at ShufflingDead, but it would also benefit you, the readers, by ensuring we are covering exactly the stories you want to hear about. We’ve got a contact page to help you out with this. The link sits right along the top navigation bar of the site.
4. Don’t ad block us – The cold reality of the internet is that it’s tough to make money out here, especially doing anything legitimate. We try to run relevant, non-hideous ads here at ShufflingDead, and I’d like to ask that our readers not block those ads. Even if you would never click one of them, viewing our ads still makes us a little money! That’s cash that goes towards improving the site.
5. Comment! – The liveliest websites are also the most fun. Don’t be afraid to make use of the comment section that sits under every page here at ShufflingDead. Getting engaged with our other commenters will make your experience more fun, and encourage yet more to join.